February 16, 2020
4:30pm & 8:30am Mass
- Poor box breakfast will be held this Sunday after the 8:30am Mass. Remember you can join us before the 11:15am Mass, while the kids are in class or if you go to 4:30 Mass, come back on Sunday anyway. Let’s keep breakfast going. We don’t want to lose it!
- New Member Welcome will take place this Sunday, after the 8:30am Mass.
- The Knights of Columbus Bishop Ireton Council 6189 will be selling its Brunswick stew again after the 8:30am Sunday Mass. Stew will also be available at the Poor Box Breakfast. The price is $8 per quart. Payment may be made by either cash or check payable to the Knights to pursue their charitable work.
- In honor of this landmark year for our Diocese, Bishop Knestout has announced a special Bicentennial Challenge to raise $5 million through this year’s Annual Appeal.
Reaching this challenge will allow the Diocese to fund three key priorities: the education of our youth, care for our elderly poor and support for our mission parishes. In addition, this success will flow back to all parishes and provide significant boosts to all the ministries supported by the Appeal.
It is with these goals in mind that we hope all our parishioners will join with us this year in making a generous pledge to the Appeal to help us launch our Diocese into the next 200 years.
- As part of our community’s observance of Lent, we ask all families to participate next weekend in Catholic Relief Services’ Operation Rice Bowl; a program of prayer, fasting, learning, and giving. Please be sure to take home a Rice Bowl packet and follow this simple, yet powerful Lenten practice.
- Liturgical minsters are needed to sign up for our upcoming Ash Wednesday celebrations. Stations of the Cross Leaders are needed as well. Sign-up sheets can be found in the vestibule.
- There will be daily Mass this Monday, February 17th.
- The office will be closed on Monday, February 17th in observance of Presidents Day.